Earlier this morning WordPress 2.2 “Getz” was officially released.
Over 200 bug fixes, widget support, ATOM support, blogger importer, speed optimization and a few other goodies bundled with this release.
The Danesh Project is now running on WordPress 2.2 .
Interested in building your own Linux penguin?
Print the template in full size, put it togather and finally unleash the penguin within….
Thinking about upgrading to vista? This flowchart will help yo understand what’s needed, do you have it and finally force you to make a decision.
Talk to any Linux guy and this is what you will hear; Linux is good, Linux is stable, Linux is cool, I rebooted my box 3 years ago (my personal favorite), but there is a dark side see for your self.
If you install Linux;
10) You will lose all your athletic abilities. You will be glue to you screen.
09) Your new God will be Linus Torvalds and he requests to burn [in flames] a copy of Windows every first Monday of April at Midnight
08) You will sell your High-End, Uber-Powered PC to buy an 8088 machine because Linux don’t need a fast computer!. Why waste a 386?
07) You will stay 10 hours a day on the web writing phrases like: Microsoft is the Devil, Linux is free as in beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!
06) You will be fired because OpenOffice will not open your Boss’s presentation during an Intergalactic meeting.
05) You will lose 10 days of your life to configure Wine just to play a game which under Windows requested 2 clicks and yes, it will lose frames.
04) You will try 10^10 Linux distributions and in the meantime you will use Windows to have some work done
03) You will buy again your High-End PC spending 10 times more because you have installed Gentoo and you need to recompile all-the-sources-in-the-universe
02) Your electricity bill will jump to new highs because you can’t be owned by that guy on irc on uptime!
01) After 5 years without a real-life you will understand that BSDs are better!
I agree on certain things. The whole desktop experience on Linux is still lacking. Please don’t get me wrong, I love XGL and Berly and everything else. The GUI in Linux has come a long way but somehow I don’t get a polished feel out of the box and this is where MS is overtaking Linux.
I always wanted to Linux to remain a CLI only OS and not worry about he desktop market but branching into the desktop arena will give Linux super exposure to the world.
If you are like me then you spend more time evaluating and testing different distros then actually using them. I mean desktop oriented distros.
I have few Linux boxes at home and they are all CLI only, mainly used for file sharing and web hosting. I love the CLI.
I have 1 Windows machine, my office notebook actually. This is what I use to for everything else…..
Well, whatever the outcome is in the future I will always choose Linux over Windows…….. What’s your comments?
I have been commuting to Cyber Jaya for the past 3 weeks and yesterday I heard some disturbing news about a new syndicate operating along the MRR2 highway. People call them the “Crash Masters“.
The “Crash Masters” drive recklessly along the highway and get you to crash into their vehicle from the back by applying emergency breaks. They are not after your cash or your vehicle, what they want is your insurance claims and towing business. Don’t be surprised if the tow truck gets there within 5 minutes. Most times you will find the tow guy immediately recommending you which mechanic to go to for your claims and also get your vehicle prep up for towing without even getting approval from you beforehand.
I am not sure if this really happens as I’ve not experienced it and don’t intend to but would want to advice everyone to be careful anyway. Make sure to keep a good distance between you and the car in front of you at all time to give you sufficient room to break when needed.