My uncle suffered a stroke recently. It ain’t pleasant, I can tell you that.
When someone is experiencing a stroke, time becomes their worst enemy. With every passing second, brain cells die and more of their bodily functions start to degrade. The faster one can identify a stroke and react, lesser the damage to the patient.
To identify if someone’s having a stroke, do the following;
1. FACE – Ask them to smile. Is their face sagging? Are the facial muscles working?
2. ARM – Ask them to lift their arms. They might not be able to lift an arm.
3. SPEECH – Have a simple conversation with them. Get them to repeat simple sentences. They might have trouble doing that.
4. TIME – Don’t waste time!! Call 911 or in our case 999.
Try these steps if you are experiencing a blank screen during boot or install of Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal.
1. LiveCD boots into a blank screen.
When you see the boot menu when you boot LiveCD, hit F6 and select the “nomodeset” option.
2. Boots into a blank screen after install.
Reboot and keep your finger on the “SHIFT” key till you get the grub menu. Highlight the first entry and replace “quiet splash” with “nomodeset” . Hit CTRL + X to continue booting. Once logged in install the latest Graphics drivers. System -> Administration -> Additional Drivers
DONE. Hope it works for you, it did for me.
Nikon D7000 manuals if you are too lazy to register on the Nikon site for them.
Nikon D7000 User Manual [ Download Here ]
Nikon D7000 Quick Start Guide [ Download Here ]