For those thinking of doing their LPI 101 & 102, I-World is running a course next month.
LPI Level 1 Exam 101 tests basic capabilities in these areas:
LPI Level 1 exam 102 tests basic capabilities in these areas:
Date: 8Nov – 12Nov (2010)
Contact: Cammy – 017-6872686 , email@example.com
The full version of Angry Birds is now available for the Android. It’s free and supported by Ads.
For those it rather not have ads, the Ad free version will be launched soon and would most likely be $1 like on the iPhone.
I’ve already completed the game on my iPhone, looks like round 2 on the Android now 😀
If you’re trying to run Ubuntu 10.10 Beta on your VirtualBox, you’re most likely having issues with the screen resolution. Installing the default VirtualBox client doesn’t quite help. Try the steps below,
1. Open terminal and enter the following command:
#sudo apt-get update
#sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r)
#sudo apt-get install virtualbox-ose-guest-x11
2. Once installation is finished, restart your VirtualBox machine.
3. Go to System –>Preferences –>Monitors and change the resolution of your screen. You might be able to change the resolution but the screen will re-size properly when you maximize.
Upgraded my CyanogenMOD to verion cm-6.0.0-N1-alpha1 ( Froyo 🙂 ).
Had to do a wipe so my APN settings disappeared. Anyways, if you face the same problem, here’s DiGi’s APN settings and how to add them in.
1) Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Mobile networks -> Access Points Name
2) Menu -> New APN
## DATA ##
Name: DIGI Data - Internet
APN Type: default
## MMS ##
Name: DIGI MMS (WAP 2.0)
MMS Proxy: 203.092.128.160
MMS Port: 80
APN Type: mms
You can find Maxis and Celcom APN settings @ lowyat
Changed the sim on my rooted Google Nexus One today and managed to lock myself out :D.
Waited for the PUK code prompt to come up but it never did. Apparently there’s none, traditionally on other phones you’s get a dedicated prompt for the PUK code but on the Nexus One you use the “phone pad” instead.
Here’s the walk-through.
1. Call your carrier and have them provide you the PUK code. You might be able to obtain your PUK code from your carrier’s web page also, like mine.
2. Turn the phone on, wait till you see the locked message comes up.
3. Select the emergency call option. Input the the below code through the key pad.
**05* (PUK CODE) * (NEW PIN) * (CONFIRM NEW PIN) #
Your Google Nexus One should be unlocked now.