To flush the DNS cache in Windows,
1. Get into command prompt. ( start –> run –> cmd )
2. Run the following command “ipconfig /flushdns” .
Dropbox is my favorite online storage solution. Here’s how to install it on Ubuntu 8.10 Interpid
1. Add the Dropbox repository for Ubuntu package source file. I use /etc/apt/source.list.d/dropbox.list file.
deb http://linux.getdropbox.com/ubuntu intrepid main
deb-src http://linux.getdropbox.com/ubuntu intrepid main
Either manually add the lines above to the /etc/apt/source.list.d/dropbox.list file or run the commands below to do the same.
root@dingo:~# echo "deb http://linux.getdropbox.com/ubuntu intrepid main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/dropbox.list
root@dingo:~# echo "deb-src http://linux.getdropbox.com/ubuntu intrepid main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/dropbox.list
root@dingo:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/dropbox.list
2. Update your packages list. Run “apt-get update“.
root@dingo:~# apt-get update
Ign http://linux.getdropbox.com intrepid Release.gpg
Ign http://linux.getdropbox.com intrepid/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://linux.getdropbox.com intrepid Release
Ign http://linux.getdropbox.com intrepid/main Packages
Ign http://linux.getdropbox.com intrepid/main Sources
Get:1 http://linux.getdropbox.com intrepid/main Packages [622B]
Get:2 http://linux.getdropbox.com intrepid/main Sources [537B]
Fetched 1160B in 59s (20B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
3. Install Dropbox
apt-get install nautilus-dropbox
Setting up nautilus-dropbox (0.5.0-1) …
4. Restart nautilus to start Dropbox. You will see a new Dropbox icon in your system tray. Right click on it and select “start dropbox“. The daemon will download the binaries required and start the registration process.
root@dingo:~# killall nautilus
That’s it. Enjoy this get service.
Buzz me if you need help…
Not something new but the eye candy is most welcomed.
ipvee.com is a free web service which will return information about your Internet connectivity. Your ip address, the type of web browser you are running, your operating system and finally your screen resolution. All presentated to you within a simplistic page with awesome colors.
Happy new year. I’m 3 days behind, talk about a good start.
New year night was good, spent it with Alan, Shirley, Raja and a shit load of beers while motivating each other on the many projects we plan to get started in the new year. Too much time has been waisted in the past just talking about shit, hopefully this year’s gonna be productive.
I’m not a big fan of new year resolutions but if you must know here’s mine;
1. Reduce and eventually quit smoking.
3. Be a good son.
4. Be a good bf.
5. Be productive at work.
6. Roll out at least 3 side projects.
7. Contribute to at least 5 welfare related deeds.
8. Make more money from other avenues besides my full time job.
9. Travel to at least 5 countries.
10. Buy a house.
Let’s see how many get to cross out by end of year.
Full Circle Magazine Issue 20 is out. Read it online or download it here.
What’s covered in this edition;
Source: Full Circle Magazine