WordPress 2. 6 (Tyner) is out with some new improvements.
Post Revisions :: You get to diff your post changes now.
A new Press This! button. :: Directly post from any site you are on. Plus support to automatically detect media files from sites like YouTube and Flickr.
Google Gears :: My fav, you get a local cache for your WordPress. Speedier access and the possibility of new and better feature moving forward.
- Theme Previews :: Now you get to preview your theme without enabling it.
Those were the major additions, now for the smaller stuff.
- Word count! Never guess how many words are in your post anymore.
- Image captions, so you can add sweet captions [like Political Ticker does] under your images.
- Bulk management of plugins.
- A completely revamped image control to allow for easier inserting, floating, and resizing. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s now fully integrated with the WYSIWYG.
- Drag-and-drop reordering of Galleries.
- Plugin update notification bubble.
- Customizable default avatars.
- You can now upload media when in full-screen mode.
- Remote publishing via XML-RPC and APP is now secure (off) by default, but you can turn it on easily through the options screen.
- Full [SSL support] in the core, and the ability to force SSL for security.
- You can now have many thousands of pages or categories with no interface issues.
- Ability to move your
wp-contentdirectories to a custom location, for Ã¢â‚¬Å“cleanÃ¢â‚¬? SVN checkouts.
- Select a range of checkboxes with Ã¢â‚¬Å“shift-click.Ã¢â‚¬?
- You can toggle between the Flash uploader and the classic one.
- A number of proactive security enhancements, including cookies and database interactions.
- Stronger better faster versions of TinyMCE, jQuery, and jQuery UI.
- Version 2.6 [fixes approximately 194 bugs].
[Download WordPress 2.6] :: [Install Guide] :: [Upgrade Guide] :: [Forums]
: /wp-content/uploads/2008/07/wp26-gears.png) : http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/ : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer : http://trac.wordpress.org/query?status=closed&milestone=2.6 : http://wordpress.org/download/ : http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress : http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress : http://wordpress.org/support/ : http://wordpress.org