Calling all animal lovers, especially dog lovers like me. Dogathon 2007 is 5 days away. 12th August at Bukit Ekspo UPM. Map of the venu available here.
Dogathon was stared about 10 years back by the veterinary students of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at UPM to raise awareness of stray dogs. We can’t blame the dogs, we are the only ones to blame. Stray dogs, we see them everywhere. It’s a social issue that needs to be addresses by us. We have to help give these magnificent animals a good life by supporting events lilke this one to raise awareness for the future generations to come.
Events you can aspect at he Dogathon,
- Dogathon Race
- Fastest Eating Duo
- EmperorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s New Clothes
- Master Hunt
- Best Trick
- Agility Challenge
- MKA Demo (Obedience training)
- Dog and Owner Look-A-Like
- Lucky Shot
- CastlesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Joy
- Lucky Draw
- Introductory Class to Agility by Pet-N-You
- Physical Examination
- Vet consultation and First Aid
- Horse Back Riding
- Doggy playzone and Drinking Station
- SPCA and PAWS support booths.
- Grooming demo/ services by Yuri Grooming
- Heartgard and Frontline
What is the fees you ask? Well don’t worry as you will not be spending more then RM30. There will be 4 packages priced at RM 10 each, each packages will consist of different fun events. See packages here.
Read about Project Pro Kasih on the next page.
Project Pro Kasih was setup to reduce the number of strays suffering on pour streets everyday by neutering existing strays populations and releasing them to live out their natural lives.
Aims of neutering strays:
- Reduce number of unwanted animals.
- Reduce nuisance caused by strays
- Prevent recolonization by other un-neutered strays
- Reduce transmission of diseases
- Reduce stress of unwanted pregnancies
I love animals, any kind actually but my favourite has to be dogs. Dogs are and always will be man’s best friends for their loyalty and love.
I am thinking of participating in the Dogathon this Sunday. Anyone else interested?
I have a question for you. Are we humans really so superior compared to all other leaving beings? Why do so many people abandon their dogs once they get old and big? Will they do the same to their own kids?